| || |
LONDON, January 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Saga Holidays, the leading travel company offering global adventures for the over fifties, has added over 20 new holiday options to its ever expanding portfolio. From lemur spotting and routes along the Yangtze to the relatively unexplored Cantabria region of Spain, highlights of the newest 2012 options include:
- MadagascarÂ -Â Land of the LemursÂ -Â 14 nights from Â£2,399 per person (full board): AnÂ "Active Explorer"Â holiday featuring the 81,540 hectares of Isalo National Park protecting an eroded sandstone massif with rocks dating back to the Jurassic period, Chameleon spotting (59 species unique to Madagascar), the UNESCO site of Ambohimanga and the famous Lemur population.Â Includes: VIP door to door travel service, return scheduled flights and transfers, all accommodation, travel insurance, all breakfasts, several lunches, all dinners, excursions as described in itinerary, porterage at hotels and a dedicated Saga tour manager and a small group. Departures available throughout 2012.
- China: Â Voyage along The YangtzeÂ -Â 10 nights from Â£1,949 per person (full board): AnÂ "escorted journey"Â holiday featuring a 4 night cruise along the impressiveÂ "Three Gorges"Â section of China's longest and largest river, a Panda breeding centre and time exploring bothÂ ShanghaiÂ andÂ Chengdu. Â Â Â Includes: VIP door to door travel service, return scheduled flights and transfers, Captain's welcome party and farewell dinner aboard MS Century Sky, accommodation, travel insurance, tourist visa, all breakfasts, several lunches, all dinners, excursions as described in itinerary, and a dedicated Saga tour manager. Departures available throughout 2012.
- Cantabria, Northern SpainÂ -Â 5 nights from Â£599 per person (full board): Â The newest addition to the Saga Spanish hotel collection, the Juan de La Cosa, is located in the more rusticÂ "Green Spain"Â region of Cantabria. Beside the majestic blue flag Playa de Berria beach and close to the charming fishing port of SantoÃ±a, the 4-star family-run Â property is the ideal base from which to experience a real contrasting taste of Northern Spain including: San Sebastian, the traditional villages nestled among the stunning 8500 Ft Picos De Europa mountains and the Atlantic port of Santander.Â Includes: Return scheduled flights and transfers, accommodation (full board), house wine at lunch and dinner, free bar open 12 hours daily, welcome drink, cocktail par! ty and Saga dinner, the services of a Saga representative and hotel porterage. Departures available throughout 2012.Â
- River Cottage Culinary Experience, Dorset, 4 nights from Â£599 per person: Exclusive to Saga Holidays and a must for foodies, this 4 night break includes a stay in boutique accommodation at the acclaimed Bull Hotel, two full daysÂ "hands-on"Â learning all about growing, sourcing and cooking the best seasonal produce, bread making and wine tasting. Â Tips and guidance come from River Cottage's head chef, Gill Meller, and head gardener, Mark Diacono. Â The final night features a farewell banquet at River Cottage. Skills that last way beyond the break itself.Â Includes: accommodation, three dinners, two lunches, all excursions as described in itinerary, a day at River Cottage, River Cottage banquet and the services of a Saga Representative. Departu! res available MarchÂ -Â June and OctoberÂ -Â November 2012.Â
Saga's ever increasing "extras" list for its customers was also boosted recently with the launch of its VIP Door To Door Travel Service, where a hassle free and money saving chauffeur driven transfer is now included in the price of every Travellers World holiday. Â
The company also became the first holiday company to feature Aurasma virtual technology into its brochures. Customers browsing 2012 brochures will be able to virtually visit Saga Travels'’ cruise ships in Norway and adventures in destinations including South Africa safari.
March 2012 sees the much anticipated launch of new ship Saga Sapphire. After a multi-million refit, Saga Sapphire will offer 706 passengers a cruising experience with a modern British twist. I-pads will mix with old fashioned sweets and fish & chips served at The Beach Club.
Notes to editors:
- Saga Travel is part of the Saga Group, which is the UK's leading provider of holidays, products and services specifically designed for people aged 50 and over. Â With over 2 million customers, Saga provides insurance, financial services and holidays and publishes the monthly Saga Magazine.
- Saga Holidays are available exclusively for people aged 50 and over, with a travelling partner of 40 or over. There are single rooms available at no extra cost on many holidays. Â Our 'Fares Fair' price promise states that if we reduce the price of a holiday once it has been confirmed, we will automatically pass the value of the saving on to customers which ensures that early bookers never miss out. We also guarantee that the price of a holiday will not be subject to any surcharges, regardless of what may happen to fuel prices or exchange rates.
Further information: Carl Catterall, Travel PR Manager, Carl.Catterall@saga.co.uk/Tel: +44(0)1303-771118