PRN: Don't let the Rain Fool you - This Could be a big Year for Subsidence Claims Says Allianz
It is early days yet but this could be one of the worst years for subsidence claims in recent memory."
Don't let the Rain Fool you - This Could be a big Year for Subsidence Claims Says Allianz
LONDON, May 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
It may have been the wettest April for 100 Years but after two winters of exceptionally low rainfall the lack of soil moisture can be a real problem for homeowners as it can cause the ground beneath housing foundations to contract which can result in serious subsidence damage.
The indications are that insurers are on course for an expensive year for subsidence claims as Allianz's Property Claims Manager, Harry Rule explains:
"The first quarter 2012 subsidence claims are the worst we have seen at Allianz in the last ten years. The recent heavy rain is unlikely to have much effect on soil moisture levels as the hard ground has been unable to absorb the water. It is early days yet but this could be one of the worst years for subsidence claims in recent memory." Â
Allianz Your Cover has the following advice for homeowners on what to look out for and what measures they should take if they suspect their home or an outbuilding is starting to subside.
1. Â Â If your home has one or more of the following it could be more at risk from subsidence
Trees near to buildings should be regularly trimmed to minimise the water they require and before planting a tree or even a large shrub, it is a good idea to get advice from a professional on the safe distance to plant a new addition to the garden from any outbuildings
2. Â Â Homeowners should remain vigilant for cracks and structural distortions
3. Â Â If subsidence is suspected homeowners are advised to contact their insurer
Notes to Editors:
1. Â Â Allianz policyholder, (name) is a recent victim of subsidence…
2. Your Cover is a new breed of insurance product, offering cover that customers select to preciselyÂ match their own lifestyle and circumstances. Using an easy to use 'Quote and Buy' website, Your Cover makes it simple to design and, obtain a quote, and manage your insurance online. The result of two years' research involving thousands of insurance buyers, Your Cover is a product from Allianz Insurance plc, which is a part of the global Allianz GroupÂ Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
3. Your Cover is a part of Allianz Retail, which provides a wide range of personal lines products distributed through brokers, retailers, affinity partners, veterinary practices and direct marketing. For more information please visit to http://www.allianzretail.co.uk.
4. Your Cover quotes are available online at http://www.yourcoverinsurance.co.uk. Â