AMD presenta ATI Radeon HD 3800: applicazioni video ad alta definizione nei notebook
AMD presenta ATI Radeon HD 3800: applicazioni video ad alta definizione nei notebook AMD, inoccasione del Computex di Taipei, presenta lanuova gamma di processori ATI Radeon HD 3800, le cui prestazioni grafiche sonotriplicate rispetto alla precedente generazione.
AMD, inoccasione del Computex di Taipei, presenta lanuova gamma di processori ATI Radeon HD 3800, le cui prestazioni grafiche sonotriplicate rispetto alla precedente generazione.
ATI Mobility Radeon 3800 HD offreai produttori di notebook la capacità di fornire prestazioni grafiche elevate, efficienza energetica, processo produttivo a 55 nanometri,sorprendente riproduzione video ad altadefinizione, realismo neivideogiochi nei PC portatili, e, per la prima volta in assoluto, la tecnologia ATI CrossFireX per una soluzione graficamobile.
ATI Mobility Radeon 3800 HD sicombinano perfettamente con il processore AMD Turion X2 Ultra, il chipset AMD7-Serie e con la nuova generazione di notebook basati su piattaforma AMD, notacol nome in codice Puma, progettata per assicurare la Ultimate VisualExperience.
Il processore ATI Mobility RadeonHD 3000 Series, che supporta Microsoft DirectX® 10.1, permette agli utentinotebook di beneficiare appieno dei contenuti HD grazie a capacità dielaborazione grafica che soddisfano anche i requisiti di gioco e visione piùsofisticati.
Di seguito la notizia in dettaglio, in inglese.
Per ulteriori informazioni:
John Swinimer - AMD Public Relations – Tel.905-882-2600 - John.email@example.com
Anna Carzana - AMD Public Relations - Tel. + 3902.3008161
Luisella Lucchini - Imageware - Tel. +39 02.700251
AMD Announces its Highest-performance MobileGraphics Chip Ever for HD Visual Computing on the Go
— ATIMobility Radeon™ HD 3800 series outperforms previous generation ATIMobility Radeon™ GPUs by 3X for amazing power management and eye-catchinggraphics1—
Computex, TAIPEI, Taiwan — June 4,2008 — AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced the ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD3800, tripling top-of-the line graphics performance in comparison to theprevious generation ATI Mobility Radeon™ GPUs(1). Joining the previouslyannounced ATI Mobility Radeon™ 3000 family, the new ATI Mobility RadeonHD 3800 series offers notebook manufacturers the ability to deliver fastgraphics performance, energy-efficient 55nm graphics processor technology,amazing video playback, and, for the first time ever, ATI CrossFireX™technology for a mobile graphics solution. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 seriescoupled with the AMD Turion™ X2 Ultra Processors, the AMD 7-SeriesChipset, and industry-leading wireless technologies like 802.11n Draft 2.0 formthe next-generation AMD notebook platform, also announced today, for theultimate in HD visual performance on the go. Notebooks equipped with ATIMobility Radeon HD 3800 series allow users to experience the power of HD withgraphics processing designed for work and play to satisfy the needs of the mostdemanding graphics professionals on the go (2).
“The ATI MobilityRadeon HD 3800 is the most feature-rich notebook graphics solution we have everproduced,” said Matt Skynner, vice president of marketing, GraphicsProducts Group, AMD. “It’s an ‘uber-performance’chip that beats all comers. Our notebook manufacturing customers now have theability to create the ultimate in notebook solutions that feature amazingenergy efficiency coupled with next-generation, unsurpassed mobile graphicstechnologies.”
As the only high-performance mobilegraphics solution capable of supporting applications created usingMicrosoft® DirectX® 10.11, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series offers superb HDgame performance and life-like realism for The Ultimate VisualExperience™. New PCI Express® 2.0 support enables fast throughput andsuperior overall system performance -- ideal for high-performance gamers.Notebooks with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series will allow users to enjoy thelatest Blu-ray movies in full-HD 1080p resolution2 and free the CPU for othertasks. The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series also provides break-throughenergy efficiency with improved performance-per-watt to deliver exceptionalbattery life.
The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 features a variety of newtechnologies designed to improve overall notebook performance:
- TheUltimate Visual Experience™ is enabled with next generationUnified Shader Architecture, immense processing power and a 256-bit GDDR3 memoryinterface. The ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3800 series delivers feature-richgraphics for astonishing image quality and optimal 3D modeling applicationperformance.
- ATICrossFireX technology for mobile graphics delivers high-performancePC gaming by combining multiple ATI Radeon™ graphics in a single notebookPC to increase graphics quality and performance. ATI CrossFireX is designed tothe latest industry-standards for notebooks today.
- PCIExpress 2.0 offers more than enough horsepower for the mostdemanding professional graphics applications by boosting 3D graphicsperformance while providing fast throughput resulting in an excellent overallsystem performance.
- ATIAvivo™ HD Technology is the high-performance engine for advancedimage and video technology, while freeing the CPU from compute-intensive videodecoding tasks. ATI Avivo™ HD Technology delivers smooth full HD formatvideo playback and photo editing with brilliant colors and sharp images, idealfor professionals demanding the next level of display technology excellence. 2
- Energy-efficient55nm graphics processor technology helps extend battery life andconserve energy.
- ATIPowerPlay™ technology dynamically delivers the optimal balancebetween performance and power to suit performance requirements for long batterylife and superior performance-per-watt operation.
- BreakthroughPerformance-per-watt is critical to users who demand exceptionalperformance and power saving features that help lower power consumption.
- Newdesign size implementation allows the chip to run cool, producingless heat so that notebook delivers the power, performance and efficiency userscrave.
Advanced Micro Devices (NYSE: AMD) is a leading globalprovider of innovative processing solutions in the computing, graphics andconsumer electronics markets. AMD is dedicated to driving open innovation,choice and industry growth by delivering superior customer-centric solutionsthat empower consumers and businesses worldwide. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, ATI, the ATI logo, Avivo,CrossFireX, PowerPlay, Radeon, The Ultimate Visual Experience andcombinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of theirrespective owners.
1. Based on internal AMD testing using an AMD Turion™ X2 Ultra 2.4 GHzplatforms using AMD M780G, 2GB PC-6400 memory, Windows Vista Ultimate® SP1,with one system using an ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3450 GPU and the otherusing an ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3870 GPU. The ATI Mobility RadeonHD 3870 delivers three times the graphics performance over the ATI MobilityRadeon HD 3470 as noted by 3DMark05 scores of 4000 for the ATI MobilityRadeon™ HD 3450 and ~13000 for the ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3870,and by 3DMark06 scores of 2000 for the ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3450 and~8000 for the ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3870.
2. HD movies can be viewed on HD-enabled panels.